Tuesday, December 9, 2008

9 month check up


I took Aiden in today for his nine month check up. Here are his stats: weight-15 lbs 14 oz, height- 28.5 inches. Surprisingly he is only in the 75th percentile for height and he is a skinny little boy for weight only in the 3rd percentile. The doctor was a little worried about him, but I am doing my best to fatten him up. He said the word chubby will never be used to describe him.

As you can tell by the picture, Aiden hits his head and face almost everyday on something new. The cut on his forehead happened when he fell over and hit the mirror in our bedroom. Sometimes I worry about the damage sustained to his head because he faceplants into the ground all the time, but he is pretty resilient.

Last week I had a very gross experience while changing a messy diaper. I gave Aiden my cell phone to play with so he would stay still while I changed him. The next thing I knew my cell phone had been plopped into the middle of the diaper with poo all over it. I kind of freaked out. I took the phone out and placed it on a bed of wet wipes and then finished changing him. I thoroughly disinfected the phone by using almost an entire package of clorox wipes and toothpicks to make sure every crevice was clean. Lets just say I won't be giving Aiden my cell phone during diaper changes anymore.


14 comments:

Jana Perkins said...

Oh my goodness, how gross! I would have reacted the same way about the cell phone thing. I'm glad to hear his stats. Oh, and about the bumps on the head, there was a time when Tyler had one on each side of his forehead and one in the middle. It's just a phase. Poor little guy. Thanks for posting.

The Headrick Family said...

You didn't tell me that one! Tanner was the same way....he had permanent bumps on his head that the dr said were calcium build up from hitting his head so much. They survive somehow! Hope you have a good day...love ya

Kim said...

That is hilarious!

Ralph and Jenny Davis said...

ha ha ha poo phone! the best prank ever! way to go Aiden!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

That is hilarious about the poo thing!! I don't blame you for trying to get him to lay still though. I swear changing a diaper at this age is like wrestling a dagnab alligator, sometimes I wish I had extra arms and hands! :) I CANNOT believe he is 9 months old. Tall and skinny, that is how Carter is too. The poor guy with the bumps and bruises. Even with a bruised face, he still is so so sweet and adorable. I miss you Kimmie! I wish we could hang out more!! I can't wait to see you around Christmas time :)

Lauren said...

hahaha I love it!! You would bust out the tooth picks to thoroughly get each crevice clean - you're brilliant what can I say.

I love you & miss you like crazy!!!!!

Amy S said...

Aiden is so cute! I can't believe how skinny he is. Emi will prolly be heavier than him soon (she's so chubby)! Sad to see his scratches and bruises, but he still looks super happy. Props to you on getting your phone clean. If they weren't so expensive I would be tempted to throw it away. haha. miss you guys!

Kenneth said...

Hahaha!!! PLOP!! That is hilarious. It would have been the best if he laughed really loud after he did it like it was on purpose.

Rachel Murray said...

Gotta love the poop. My little boy has started putting his hands down the back of his diaper. Yesterday he walked up to me and presented me with a handful of poop. I did a similar disinfection of my child.

SoCalSorensens said...

Hahahaha. Great posting! I need your home address and your email address so I can invite you to our blog and send you a Christmas card. Love you!

ATT Hickson said...

That is so funny! By the way, don't ever let Tanner play with your phone... HA!

Catherine Parker said...

Haha, I was gonna ask if you will be in Utah for Christmas. Cuz I will be! I'm there until the 26th and then I fly back to California. I got Lori's announcement the other day. So precious. Let's talk on the phone sometime. Love and miss you!!

Carson and Anne said...

Oh man, that is a crazy story, those poop particles are right next to your face at all times now! Anyway, this is my first visit to your blog. So glad you are all doing well. So fun to see Aiden, I still can't believe good ole Hans has a baby boy. Congrats on a beautiful kid.

Expert said...

Aiden looks a lot like trent!