Friday, December 19, 2008

Looking forward to...


I am so excited for Christmas!!! We have had so much going on the last couple of weeks, it really hasn't sunk in that Christmas is in 6 days!! It kind of makes me sad that it is going to be over, but we have a lot to look forward to in the next two weeks. On Tuesday we are flying to California to have Christmas with the Sorensen's. We get back on Sunday and fly out the next day for Lori's wedding. I will get to stay a week in Utah, but Trent has to go back early to work one day. Being responsible is not fun.

I really am missing the snow this time of year. The weather has been all over the place here. Yesterday it was cold and foggy and today it is 75 degrees and clear. So weird. This weekend we have our first club volleyball tournament. I am nervous because we will have Aiden with us, I hope we can keep him entertained and happy while coaching all day. I feel like after this weekend is over, I will finally be able to relax and enjoy the season. Something I have been thinking about lately is really living in the moment, whatever you are doing. I have been trying to apply this to my life, but I haven't been doing a very good job lately. If we are living in the moment, we will enjoy what we are doing and be so much happier. Those are just some of my random thoughts. I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season! We are thinking of all our friends and family who are far away and that we won't get to see this Christmas season. We love you!

9 comments:

Amy S said...

Aiden is getting so big and so stinkin cute. I love his hat. 75 degree weather is soundin really good right now. It's freezing here! I'm sooooo sad we'll miss you guys after Christmas. We love you guys!

Lauren said...

did i hear that right? you're missing the snow?!! that's impressive =) i hear ya with the random weather...we get tons of snow one day and then lots of rain the next to melt all the pretty snow we had and then it's just cold and slushy...no good.

yay for Christmas! i hope you guys have a blast. i miss you and wish we could be there to see you.

i love you!!!!!

Kim said...

Great thoughts!
I hope your tournament will go well. How fun! Good luck with Aiden!

I Hope you REALLY enjoy your first Christmas as a MOM!!

Unknown said...

Love your picture! Can't wait to see you guys! We are so looking forward to this time to be together! I so agree with enjoying every minute because life goes so quickly! Believe it or not, you are always in the best time of your life when it is happening! Every minute is precious. Love you!

Jenna said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
Can I get your guys' mailing address again?

Collin and Traci said...

Merry Christmas! :) Have fun in CA! I'd love to see you guys in UT if you have time. Let me know if you're free!

Jenna said...

Cute pic!
Could you send me your guys' address? I've misplaced it.

Matt & Danielle said...

9 months old already? Seriously time flys when you have a child. Aiden is super darling. Sounds like you guys have adjusted to Texas. How is the humidity? We miss you guys...Happy New Year!

M & D

blkris said...

That hat on Aiden is so cute! Hope you guys had a good couple of trips! Hope to see you before we leave!