Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's raining it's pouring

It literally is pouring buckets of rain here today. I took Trent to work this morning and when I got back it was raining so hard I sat in the car for ten minutes to see if it would slow down. It never did so Aiden and I got soaked anyway. The thunder is so loud here that it sets our car alarm off almost everytime. Texas has some awesome thunder storms.

Last night I was coaching a private lesson when we were all stopped and told we needed to move to the locker room. The tornado sirens were going off and the tornado was touching down in a couple places around us. It was a new experience for me, so of course we took pictures in the rain when we got home.

11 comments:

molly said...

You guys are so cute. Tornadoes are intense! I remember from living in Kansas. I like how you posted a picture of each of you smiling.

Lindsy Hartsock said...

I'm so excited to hear you are coming in Aug. Yay! I can't wait to hang out again.

Melissa said...

I'm lovin aiden's smile in this picture! What a stud! I cant believe that you guys had tornado warnings! That would scare me! Be safe!!

Jana Perkins said...

Whoa. I love a good thunderstorm, but tornado's? No thanks. We've had some pretty good thunderstorms here too, with hail. Fun.

blkris said...

Oh yes, Texas thunderstorms. I do miss those. They were pretty awesome. Idaho has nothing on Texas storms. However, I am not missing the Tornadoes! Have fun! Hope all is well!

defining amy said...

it's raining like crazy here too. but tornado warnings!! that's crazy!! i'm applying to some jobs in the dallas area, and i'm really hoping one works out so we can play in the rain together. i can be your perma-babysitter. love you guys.

Jenna said...

Whoa! That's crazy!

I'm entertained by the thought of thunder setting off your car alarm. What's with all of the rain lately - it appears nearly everyone - everywhere hasn't seen the sun very much lately

Amy S said...

Aiden is so stinkin cute. Does he mind the thunderstorms? We've been having a ton here but I bet nothing like yours.

Lauren said...

ahh i miss you soooo much!!!! ehh we really need to all move close to each other. i'm happy to hear that you're safe and made it through the tornado/super thunder storms. we've had some pretty crazy rain in ut to.. is it really too much to ask for a little sunshine? i mean it is june and all right?! ;)

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Laura Earl said...

Crazy! Wow I don't know if I would ever get use to the whole tornado warning thing...it would stress me out! Miss you tons.

Tyson and Heather said...

Hans dude... found your blog. Looks like things are going well for you guys in your life. That is awesome. What brought you guys out to TX?
Your little boy is really cute. Huge smile...awesome. Take care