Sunday, September 27, 2009

Grandpa Wilson

Life is full of high's and low's. I have really experienced this in the last couple of weeks. Aiden and I left for Utah once again on the 19th of Sept for my Grandpa Wilson's funeral. I am so glad I was able to go and spend time with my family and say goodbye to my Grandpa. I really loved hearing about his life and seeing old pictures of him. He was such a humble man, he never wanted any sort of spotlight on himself, including at his own funeral. He actually said that, isn't that amazingly ironic?

I will miss my Grandpa so much. I have so many great memories of him. I will miss him teasing me, his great advice and always telling me, "How keen I am." He was so stubborn and smart and always emphasized getting an education. We always knew what he was thinking and he supported me in everything I did. Here are some great pictures of him.








After I got back on Wednesday, we had a pretty relaxing weekend. Our anniversary was on Friday, so we got a babysitter and went to the melting pot. Sooo delicious. It was so nice to not be in a hurry and to get to enjoy the experience. I can't believe it has been 3 years, it feels like we just got married. It was so fun to spend some quality alone time with Trent and remember why we actually got married. I love that guy.

We got some things done around the house on Sat, went and played at the park, and then I went to the relief society broadcast. Today we found out that Lori had a layover at DFW! I love it when that happens. So we took some lunch and hung out with her. Trent let me have a fantastic nap and then we went to our friend, Kaitlin's, birthday party. It was a great weekend. Here are some pictures of Aiden, after he fell asleep. He was so tired he rolled over when I was changing his diaper and stuck his butt up in the air.



Like father, like son

Aiden and his new favorite toy

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Great to know your grandpa is in good hands now and happier than ever.

Aiden is getting so huge! He is toddler turning into little boy before our eyes

carly said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa, Kim. I love the picture of Aiden and Trent vacuuming! So cute!

molly said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa Kim, but it must have been really special to remember him with your family. Happy Anniversary, I am glad you treated yourselves.

I love the vacuuming picture because of how high Aiden has to look up to see Trent.

Gonzalez Family said...

It was so nice to see you while you were here. I'll call you soon to talk more. I learned so much about how amazing all of my grandparents were at each of there funerals. As sad as death is, I love the peace and comfort that comes from funerals.

Those pictures of your adorable family are great. You'll have to talk Gustavo into taking me to the Melting Pot. He thinks paying that much money for fondue sounds ridiculous! I think it just sounds delicious :)

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

sorry to hear that kimmy. Thanks for the comments on our blog. It's a bit overwhelming being a new mom but it's wonderful. Roman is a great baby. And Aiden is honestly adorable...he always seems so happy. Happy mom happy baby right?!

blkris said...

It was so good to see you guys in Texas! Thanks so much for taking the time to come visit us! It really meant a lot. Soooo good to see you!

Travis said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your grandpa before he past on.

I didn't know Trent could vacuum! What a stud he is!

Catherine Parker said...

Wow... I can't believe it's been three years either!! That flew by! You guys are so cute. I love it.