Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What's Happening


We are alive.  I have a lot to catch up on and it is a little overwhelming.  I was gone for a month from July to August working volleyball camps and spending time with family in Arizona and Utah.  While I was gone, Trent had to move apartment's without me.  Our friends helped us a ton, we couldn't have done it without them.  So when I got back I needed to finish moving in and let's just say it has taken me a long time to get everything done.  Our balcony including our outside storage closet was falling apart, so we waited for a month for our management to get that done.  Meanwhile all our stuff was in our front room.  I am just glad our apt is put back together again.  

We had a great weekend.  On Thursday Trent's cousin, Travis, came into town for the BYU game.  We had a great time with him.  On Friday night we got some delicious barbeque and then went to Top Golf in Dallas, this place was really fun.  All the balls have computer chips in them so your ball is tracked and you get points depending on where you hit the ball.  
Sat we went to the park and then of course to the BYU football game.  It was so amazing.  First of all the stadium is unreal.  My mouth dropped when I walked in.  I will include pics later in this post.  The tv is so large you really can't not look at it.  I would forget I could just look at the field to see the play.  The game was amazing, we are so glad we could be there.  We got super into it and I was yelling at the ref's, OU fans, and the team.  It was such a great game and best of all, we WON!








It is huge!

We randomly saw Josh and Brooke Allen, so good to see you guys!



The teams lining up to shake hands, notice the sea of Red.  Tons of OU fans

I don't like this picture, but you can see how big the t.v. is in the background

We won!


Sunday was pretty standard, went to Church, took a nap, ate dinner and then we hung out and I made a killer peach cobbler for dessert.  Monday we went to watch the Bingham vs. Trinity high school football game that was also at the Cowboys Stadium.  It was fun to be there again.  Aiden was mesmerized by the screen and eventually passed out and slept through the whole game.  We want to thank Travis for such a fun weekend, we are so glad we could go to the game! 

12 comments:

Jenna said...

That's awesome - didn't know you guys got to go to the game! Can't believe that BYU pulled that one off!

Amy S said...

Aiden is too cute. I'll bet the game was so much fun, specially since we won!! I would have loved to have been there.

Caleb said...

so fun! I know I was out of control even watching the game on TV so I can imagine how i would have been at the real thing. You guys are darling. I just had friends move into the area.

Caleb said...

oh oops. It is me annie but on caleb's account. :)

blkris said...

So glad you guys are doing well! Fun to see what you are up to! The kids and I are flying to Texas!!!! We will be there Sept. 19-24th. Are you going to be around? Would love to see you!

defining amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
defining amy said...

Sorry. Didn't mean to delete that last comment. I'm so jealous you guys got to go to the game. I can't imagine how crazy it must have been being there. You and Trent look great. And I'm a little obsessed with Aiden. Too cute!! Yay.

Melissa and Jason said...

How fun, I'm so jealous you got to go to the BYU game. The stadium does look amazing.

Kenneth said...

So jealous of both the golf and the game. That would have been awesome to have been there with you guys...if it weren't for school we would have.

Jana Perkins said...

I can't believe how big that stadium is, and the TV! We heard about the game but didn't get to see it. Sounds like an awesome game. Glad you got to go.

Gonzalez Family said...

That is so cool! I had no idea you guys were going. We watched both games on TV...that isn't very cool though. Check out the cute tracking boards on chickinfeed.com (yes, with an i). They are children's nutrition tracking boards so even though Ella won't need it forever, I just had to get one. It is a good reminder for me too though. I LOVE it!

Lauren said...

that screen is HUGE!!!!! holy crap! i'm happy that you're alive and well. we've missed you guys way too much. aiden is getting big!! i can't believe how cute he is. give him a hug for me.

LOVE YOU!!!!

ps. you're beautiful.