Thursday, November 12, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa visit!

We had a visit from Mom and Dad last weekend. They came into town late Friday night and stayed til Tuesday afternoon. We had a good time, but the visit was too short. On Saturday I got a babysitter so we could go to the Sixth floor museum in Dallas. It was very interesting to learn of all the controversy surrounding the JFK assassination. We took some pics on the grassy knoll, Elm street and of the window that Lee Harvey Oswald shot the president from. We went home and relaxed for a bit, then headed back into Dallas for some authentic barbeque. When we walked into the Baker's Ribs, there was not one other person there. We were all a little worried, that is never a good sign for a restaurant, but the food was very good. We got brisket, chicken, ribs and pulled pork. I am pretty sure there was a strip joint next door, but it was good food!

On Sunday I made a pretty good breakfast if I do say so myself and then we got ready for church. I had to teach Sunday School so Mom kept Aiden and was wrestling with him for an hour until he fell asleep. We went home and fixed the home cooked meal that only Mom can fix. Mom made chicken rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy and I did vegetables and a salad. I will never cook like my mom, everything she makes is delicious. It was a feast. Sunday night we pulled my dad's arm and took away all his techno toys so he had to play games with us. We ate massive amounts of blue bell ice cream. Thanks to Dad we found that the pecan pralines and cream is heaven. I think we ate 3 half gallons of ice cream while they were here!

Monday was very chill. We had an adventure finding my dad's journal, which was eventually found at our church building. We spent the rest of the day shopping and hit one more bbque joint before they left on Tuesday. This one was terrible in my opinion. We didn't want to drive as far and went to a chain restaurant, it was a bad choice. While my parents were here my dad fixed our printer, the clock in our car and my external hard drive. I mean there is nothing he can't fix! He is a wizard! My parents are so wise.

Aiden loved having Grandpa(Bapi) and Grandma(Mommy) here. As you will see in the pictures he smothered them telling them where to sit, pulling them where he wanted them to go, and constantly trying to play with their iphones and D.S. It was so good to have them here. We miss our family a lot. I'm just excited that we get to see them soon for Christmas! Love you guys!










13 comments:

Jenna said...

How special. Can sure tell you loved their visit!

David and Jana said...

So fun that they could visit! Glad you had a great time!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

Awe I love your parents! I'm so glad they got to come visit you. I second that your mom really is such an amazing cook. Anything she touches is gold in my book. Love you.

molly said...

Glad to hear you are taking advantage of the Texan food. Authentic BBQ and Wilson family cooking sounds so good right now! You guys are so cute. p.s. have I told you your hair looks amazing?

mike and amy vb said...

That is so fun!! I am glad that they came out to see you. I don't think it would be a vacation without Dad losing something! By the way you look hot.

Robert and Kristen said...

I always loved when my parents came up to Idaho to visit us. It is so special for the kids to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa!

Gonzalez Family said...

I'm so glad you got to be with your incredible parents. I'm also glad that I get to see you again in a month! I can't wait.

The Headrick Family said...

I am glad that you had such a good time with mom and dad. I think some good Texas bbq sounds really good right now. I love that Aiden loves dad so cute!

Kenneth said...

Trent...I must say...Nice haircut! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. We miss you!

Amy S said...

K we need to go to some good Texas bbq places when I come. So glad your parents were able to visit.

Catherine Parker said...

So cute. I miss you and your family!! Thinking about Christmas makes me miss you and Erica and how excited we would get about Christmas trees and Christmas music. XO.

Lexi Patterson said...

I love your parents. I can't wait to come visit you in Texas someday soon. Hopefully I can get there before you leave!

Kristin Richards said...

me too me too, im coming too (somedayyyy)