Monday, July 28, 2008

Aiden

It amazes me how much and how fast babies grow. I can't believe that my little boy is almost 5 months old. I thought I would post some pictures of the many sides of Aiden and let you all know what he is up to.

*He LOVES his diaper bag. I took everything out of the diaper bag to wash it and it has been on the bed in his room drying. Everytime I change his diaper he falls in love with his bag all over again. He will just sit and stare at the bag. It is hilarious. Thanks ELK for the amazing, and distracting, diaper bag.


*Aiden's new trick is to shake his head at me. I have discovered he will do it on two occasions. The first is when we are playing around and he will try to eat my face or give me eskimo kisses. The second is when he doesn't like what I have done or he doesn't want something. When we put him to bed he will usually shake his head at us.


*Saturday we had gone swimming and I was just about to put him in the tub when he wet all over me. Classic. This is not a new trick, he has been doing this since he was born.

*He can now roll over, but usually gets stuck on his stomach and then get really frustrated. The other day I put him on the bed, really close to the pillows, and thought he would be okay. I left the room to get some laundry and the next thing I heard was a thud and knew he had rolled off the bed. I ran in the room and he had rolled off the end of the bed which means he steamrolled about five feet in 30 seconds. The fall scared him, but he wasn't hurt. He is a tough little guy. I felt really bad, I guess I learned my lesson about leaving him on a bed alone.


*Last week, for two days in a row, he was the moodiest kid ever! I thought I was going to go crazy. I couldn't put him down, he wouldn't sleep and nothing I did seemed to help. One day he was screaming so loud the only thing I could do was take a picture. This is definitely out of the ordinary for Aiden. He is usually really good and laid back. I don't know if he is teething or wasn't feeling well, but I am glad those two days are over.


*He has this strange fascination with his hands. It's like everytime he looks at them he can't believe they are his own. He will turn his palm up and just stare at his hands for a while, Trent and I think it is the funniest thing.



I could probably go on writing about Aiden forever. He is so much fun and we love him so much!!

13 comments:

Jenna said...

Trent and Kim - Fun blog! I am enjoying reading your stories and seeing great pictures of Aiden.
Keep them coming!

The Perkins Family said...

He is so adorable! What great pictures. Keep'em coming.

Meikel said...

Kim YAY! I am so glad to see you even if it has to be online : ) Your son is darling and I love his name! You both look amazing and I am so mad we never hung out while you were still living here. Lets keep in touch!

Kenneth said...

Officially the cutest kid ever...except that crying face.

Jason said...

I can't believe how big Aiden is getting! I miss all you guys. Jason said he is amazed at how big Aiden's mouth is. :) does he still love sucking on his fist? I can't wait til Emi and him are old enough to play together.

The Headrick Family said...

Love it...can't believe he is getting so big! Wish we were closer.

Amy S said...

Kim, Emi pooped all over Jason today, so he totally understands your pain. :)

Nina and Ryan said...

Hey Kimmie!!! I was just blog hopping and found yours. Aiden is growing up so fast, what a cutie!!! I didn't know you were living outside of Dallas--Ryan is from Dallas and WE LOVE DALLAS!!! Hope you have fun!!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

KIMMIE!! YAY, you have no idea how happy I am that I just found your blog! Aiden is huge and he looks so dang cute. I loved all the pictures. You are looking amazing...and tan, I am totally jealous that you have a pool. I didn't know anyone else had a "taste of" festival...we went to the taste of chicago thing earlier in the summer too...very fun. Anyway, I shouldn't write a novel, I just wanted to say hi and miss you and love you :)

Lauren said...

Kimmy =) I had no idea you had a blog!!! I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I can't believe how big and unbelievably cute Aiden is!! He for sure has your lips and I LOVE it! It looks like you guys are having a good time in the great state of Texas and we'll have to come and see you sometime.

PS. You look great! and I totally miss you!!!

Todd and Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh Aiden is so cute!! I love his faces!! I am glad we are blogger friends now. :) You guys are so cute!!

Lexi Patterson said...

My Dearest Duckie,

I miss you so much it's ridiculous. Looking at these picture of you and your little boy seriously brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe I'm missing all of that. I just KNEW Aiden would LOVE the diaper bag. I'm the best Godmother (#3) ever!!! :) Also, the picture of you holding him after he fell off the bed is one of the best pictures I've ever seen of you. Poof it. You look beautiful and serene. A loving mother with her child. It's still so hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that you have moved into mothehood. Aiden is 5 months old. Seriously? I need to see you ASAP. When are you going to Utah? I'm going to call you soon. I love you.

Lexi

Melissa and Jason said...

I can't believe how big Aiden is. It is sad that I never even saw him before you moved! I hope things are going well for you in Texas. I'm glad I'll be able to keep up on your life with your blog.