Friday, July 18, 2008

A whole new world!

I wish I would have had my camera to document what I witnessed driving back from getting gas the other morning. I had just dropped Trent off at work and was so close to running out of gas it wasn't even funny. I finally found a gas station and filled my car up. On the way home I saw a very strange sight. I was stopped at a traffic light and saw a horse tied to the traffic light pole on the corner of the street. I was looking around to find its owner and spotted him, dressed in wranglers, boots, and a cowboy hat sitting outside of starbucks drinking his coffee. The modern day cowboy. I was amazed. Only in Texas.

9 comments:

Lexi Patterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lexi Patterson said...

Yay for blogging!!! Yay for cowboys in Texas! I love that story. You're a Texan now Kimmy, embrace it. I can't wait to come visit you. I love you!

Erica Crismon said...

Ha ha. this is what i was talkin about. good work kimmy, great freakin story.

The Headrick Family said...

Kim I love that story someday we will come to Texas for a visit. Glad that you have joined me in the blogging world...now we just have to get mom to start reading. Hahaha that is way funny like that will happen. Love ya

Unknown said...

I have been waiting so long for you guys to start a blog! At first when Kc and I clicked the Sorensen link off of Tyrel and Jenna's blog and we thought it was just a placeholder. But you did not disappoint! You have officially started a blog. That cowboy sold out he should grind his own beans.

Amy S said...

Ha that's awesome. Sheesh my life is boring compared to yours. We just have a baby and new apartment. No horses, cowboys or anything out of the norm. :)

Kenneth said...

I can't believe you guys live in Texas. We're still looking for some dings to Dallas so we'll let you know when we can come cowboy watch with you.

reed said...

hombrecitos! we were just doing our weekly blog stalking and found you. hope you are enjoying texas. thanks for leaving without saying goodbye, even after i falsely accused you of doing so. only trent would. jerk.

we have a blog too. check it out, or at least you can add us to your list so you look more popular. chiltrain.blogspot.com

tiffany garfield said...

Hope you guys are getting settled and enjoying it out there! We'll have to check your blog to see the latest happenings. We never saw Aiden before you guys left, he's so cute! Tell Trent I said, "Rake". :) Have fun in Texas! -Twink