Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Big One

Aiden is one year old!! Crazy to believe. He just took about four steps on his own, so I think he will be walking sometime soon. We had a little party for him on Sunday with a sports theme. I made cupcakes and we had some of our friends over. Aiden didn't really dive into his cake like I had hoped, but he would rather have me feed him anyway. He is spoiled like that. He got some new blocks and a fun bathtub basketball toy from our friends.

Yesterday was his real birthday. We had a fun day going to the park, eating more cupcakes, and when Trent got off work we went to Babies R us to look for a new carseat and some toys. We ended up getting him a leapfrog learning table which I think he will love. We got to eat out last night at Chipotle so it was a night off for me as well. I love nights off! Aiden makes us so happy. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. He has the best personality and sense of humor. We love him so much!






Okay so the basketballs look like spiders, but I did try. I didn't have the right equipment.

16 comments:

Erica Crismon said...

The basketballs do slightly resemble eight legged, furry insect. But the baseballs are perfect! Good party Kimmy. And happy birthday Aiden. Love you!

Amy S said...

I can't believe Aiden is already one. The party looked awesome. Good work! Wish we could have been there!

Katie Hodgkiss said...

I can't believe he is 1 year old now. He is so cute. I love the baseballs, the basketballs could use some work :) Ah we miss you. one more year, he'll be 2 and we'll be living by you. Tell Trent hello.

Jana Perkins said...

Thanks for posting those pictures. I love to see that little guy smile! The cupcakes look great - it's the effort you put in that counts.

erin said...

Congrats on your one year old. What a handsome young man. I am still impressed by your spider cupcakes Kimmy.

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday to Aiden! Can't believe he's one!

Lexi Patterson said...

Happy Birthday to Aiden!!! Love you.

Robert and Kristen said...

I can't believe he is already one year old! Time flies, Happy Birthday Aiden!

David and Jana said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Aiden, Happy Birthday to you! My how time flies...

The Headrick Family said...

Happy Birthday Aiden! I can't wait to see you and celebrate in 4 days!!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

So fun! I remember visiting you at the hospital at this time a year ago...my how our lives have changed :) Happy Birthday to
Aiden and I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I thought your cupcakes looked awesome, much better than I could have done. Love you Kimmie!

Lindsey said...

Time flies too fast. I want to see Aiden in person. He will probably be 5 though by the time I get to see him though! We are moving to Chicago or Virginia this summer. Miss you.

ATT Hickson said...

Love that we are buddies and that Tanner and Aiden get to hang out. We are going to miss you guys when you leave to Disneyland. Say Hi to Mickey for us!

Lauren said...

haha they do look like spiders.. but he'll never know the difference so long as they tasted yummy ;) i can't believe you have a 1 year old!!! i'm so jealous. love you!!!!!

Kenneth said...

Aiden is officially the coolest kid on the planet! Happy birthday buddy

Todd and Chelsea said...

Oh ya, I am pretty proud because I took 7 of your blog pics! The big family one included! Even though they were with your camera, I still feel honored. :)