Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Our first trip to the ER

Two weeks ago, Wednesday, was an eventful day. Coming home from my club team's tournament in Baltimore, I picked Aiden up in Utah and then flew back to Texas. My flight got in at 4:45 and I had club practice at 5:30. I went straight there and then with about 10 minutes left, one of my mom's came running up saying I had to go, that Aiden busted up his nose. So I grabbed my stuff and ran out the door. This is what I saw..



He was playing at the gym and bounced off a exercise ball into the wall and somehow cut his nose on a pole or a screw. I don't really know how it happened. From there we drove to Fort Worth to the Children's Hospital so they could stitch him up. We waited for 4 hours and then, luckily, a plastic surgeon was finishing up a case so he came and stitched him up. All I can say is thank goodness for the portable dvd player. He was held down about 3 times that night, once for his iv and twice while he was sedated and being stitched up. He did not like that. It is always hard to see your child in pain, but we were glad to get him taken care of.



He got his stitches out last Monday, he did pretty well. We get to be very careful in the sun this summer to prevent it from scarring even more. I am pretty impressed with how it looks, you can barely even see it, hopefully it stays that way.

10 comments:

Amy S said...

So sad!! He looks happy in the pics after tho. I'm glad everything turned out ok. Poor Aiden.

Gonzalez Family said...

Oh my goodness. I don't know how I am ever going to be able to deal with my kids getting hurt. When Ella fell down the stairs I cried all night. I would stop for awhile and then remember and start crying again. I am so glad everything worked out for you guys. I hope Trent was there with you so you had support.

Gonzalez Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David and Jana said...

Poor little guy! Getting hurt is no fun. I hope he is doing okay!

Lindsey said...

That's so sad. What a trooper.

The Batistas said...

what a tough little guy. Just in the past four years we've had 4 trips to the ER for stitches/broken leg/ and for a hand eaten by the treadmill.(not all one kid) It is always so sad!! I think it's tougher on moms for sure!. He looks adorable!!! good luck in the future.

Jenna said...

Oh goodness! Ty was tellin gme about this. So scary. I'm glad it's healing!

defining amy said...

oh goodness!! that last picture is priceless.so cute.

Laura Earl said...

Ah poor guy! And poor you. Not fun! Glad everything is healing well. Aiden is such a cute boy!

Natalie said...

Hey Kimmy I was blog hopping and stumbled upon you...Poor little guy. I hope he is all better now. He is adorable. Fun to see what you are up to! -Natalie