Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hey, What Happened?

I know it has been for.ev.er! Like I told Lori last night, I have been busy. I apologize right now for my lack of pictures. I need to start taking my camera everywhere I go. I don't have very many pictures to go with these stories, but here they are. A lot has been happening lately, I will give a little run down. I started traveling at the beginning of May and it seems like I didn't stop until a week ago. I went to the Ellen mother's day show in California on May 8th and stayed at Lexi and Casey's house. It was amazing, we got some sweet stuff like a stroller, diaper bag, and 6 months supply of diapers just to name a few. Thanks to Lex who pretty much made that whole thing happen.

Next it was back Texas with Casey, Lexi and Cash. The club Trent and I work for had Casey and his partner, Kevin, to come out to give a beach clinic and of course I worked it out so Lexi could come too! We stayed in Bedford for the weekend, then headed to Austin on Sunday. We got to spend some quality time with Johnny Brown and his family, who of course showed us a good time. There were lots of games played (including a dangerous game of Risk which almost caused Trent and I to get a divorce) and a good 5 lbs worth of food eaten. That really happened. We went to 2 barbeque joints, the latter had the most amazing barbeque sauce I have ever had. Then we went to a burger place called Mighty Fine. It was so amazing, the best burger and milkshake I have ever had. We had a great time in Austin.

We left to come back on Tuesday morning because Casey and Lexi had a flight to catch around 3. On the way home our car was overheating, so we didn't use the a/c. Needless to say it was pretty miserable and hot. Lexi and I had the most beautiful windblown hair from driving on the freeway with our windows down. Finally we stopped in Waco (half way home) and discovered that we had a crack in our radiator and had to get it fixed. We had quite the dilemma to see what Casey and Lexi could do, but eventually they changed their flights and we waited out the car repair at an unsuspecting mexican restaurant down the street. Casey and Lexi stayed with us another week. It was so much fun having them here. Lexi and I worked out, cooked, shopped and hung out all week and Trent and Casey coached, played and worked out together. It was great. With the exception of Aiden beating Cash up every chance he could, the week couldn't have been better and we loved having them here.

Baby Cash
Everyone hanging at Johnny's house
Cash hating his bath with Aiden
Happy boys at Costco


2 comments:

The Headrick Family said...

It is about time sister! Can't wait to see you in just about a week! YAY

Sydney said...

What! You went to the Ellen show?!? I am so jealous. She gives away the best stuff. Jealous.