Thursday, June 17, 2010

More travels

I got to visit Utah for a couple of weeks at the end of May. It was so great to see friends and family and spend some quality time with them. I got there on the 19th and we had our annual ELK reunion the 20 & 21st. My family watched Aiden so I could get in some quality girl time. Friday we went and got pedicures and then made a fantastic dinner of bleu cheeseburgers and homemade rosemary Parmesan potato chips. Pretty awesome. We stayed up talking, reminiscing and laughing until early in the morning. I realized how much I miss and love my friends. It is such an amazing bond that we have and I truly cherish and am grateful for our amazing friendships.

Saturday morning we got massages. One of my favorite things in the world. The rest of the day we went to the Gateway and shopped and then had Thai food for dinner. One of our favorite discoveries was the Sweet toothfairy bakery. They have some amazing treats. I think I stopped there 4 times while in Utah. I love my ELK girls, I'm sad Kristin didn't get to come this year. We missed you! I don't have any pictures, but it was a great weekend. Can't wait til next year!

We celebrated Amy's, Emma's and my birthday while we were there, that meant we got some amazing food. I got to see old friends, hang out with Erica, Lauren, Taylor and all of our family. One of the best things that happened was a surprise from Trent. I was getting my hair done in the basement and Ryan came down the stairs followed by another person. Out of my peripheral, I couldn't tell who it was, until I turned and looked. Trent had totally surprised me and flew out to hang out for the week. It was so great to have him there. We went on bike rides almost everyday, played lots of beach(Trent) and ate great food. I am so glad I could be home for my birthday. My mom and dad spoiled me with my favorite meal of all time...Chicken fajitas and homemade strawberry ice cream. It truly was a feast. I am so happy we get to go back in a week one more time before our baby girl comes.







4 comments:

ATT Hickson said...

Yeah! Updates! I've been waiting for these. Good job lady!

Sydney said...

That sounds like so much fun. Too bad you didn't get to see us though...

Jenna said...

What a great time. We can't believe that you are having another baby- and so soon!
btw - Tyrel's sister couldn't get over how cute/handsome your Aiden is! :)

Lauren said...

love you. miss you like crazy. so happy you're back! can't wait to see you and introduce you guys to little merit!