Wednesday, November 2, 2011

America the Beautiful



Ahhh, my favorite holiday. I LOVE the 4th of July!!! This year we hung out with our "Texas" family, the Hickson's. We have gone there for the past few years because we love them and their parties. We went to their house for swimming, bbqing, eating and hanging out. I made homemade ice cream for everyone and we all filled up on bbq and other tasty dishes. We had a blast swimming. Sienna got into an ant pile and got bit all over her feet and legs, but didn't even cry. I thought she was covered in mud from stepping on the grass, but they were ants. Thank goodness they have a shower, so I just rushed her over and rinsed her off. I hate ants. They are one of the worst things about Texas.

After a big day of eating and swimming we came home, gave the kids naps, and headed back out for fireworks at a park near our house. As we were leaving, we had the misfortune of backing up into a mailbox and shattering our back window. I was leaving for Utah in two days so I had to get that replaced the next day. Not the way to go out with a bang. Even so, I love this holiday. I love the traditions we do every year and the new ones we make along the way.
















1 comment:

Lexi Patterson said...

I'm so sad about your car window. Ugh. I'm also jealous of that incredible pool your friends have. I know how much you love the 4th. Glad you had a good one. I'm missing you more and more with each post.